It's great that you have decided to start your estate plan. So what do you do next? Follow these steps to prepare for your meeting with us:
A. Gather Information
1. Gather together all documents like: deeds to real estate; bank account, brokerage firm account, and IRA account statements. If you don't have any of these, don't worry, these are not necessary for your estate planning.
2. Find your life insurance policies, if any.
3. Find your marriage certificate, divorce documents, pre-marital agreements or anything similar, if any.
4. Write down names and dates of birth for your spouse and children if you have a spouse or children.
5. Read the 8 Steps to Getting Yourself in Order on our blog at: http://bhgreenberglaw.blogspot.com to help you learn how to think about your estate planning.
B. Think about these issues:
1. Who do you want to make decisions or control your money if anything happpens to you?
2. Who do you want to receive your property when you die and are they old enough or capable enough to do so?
3. Are you aware of how taxes impact your situation? If not, just write down what you think about the question. Remember, estate planning is not just for people with money or lots of property.
4. Who should raise your children if something happens to you?
5. Are special arrangements for your pets or business appropriate?
6. Do you have a direct or network marketing business?
If you prepare using these simple steps, your initial estate planning meeting with us will be productive and provide you with what you need to proceed with your estate planning. If you have questions or want to discuss how to prepare for your initial meeting, just give me a call at: 303-730-7100.
If you are receiving this message via email it is because you are subscribed to our blog by email. If you would just prefer to read the blog on the web, go to: http://bhgreenberglaw.blogspot.com and you can do so.
Thank you for your interest in your estate planning.
BECAUSE DEATH AND TAXES: Learn about what you need to do to be prepared for what's coming. Wills, trusts, taxes, probate. If you haven't experienced it you will. Estate planning is one of the most important things you can do to protect yourself and your family. Please join Bernie Greenberg's world of estate planning. www.kgattys.com
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Good, you've decided to start your estate plan. What do you do next? Here are the steps to follow.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I love your blog, it is simply outstanding!ReplyDelete
This blog rocks!ReplyDelete