Here are the rules on how often to review your estate plan:
1. Every 2-3 years if nothing has happened.
2. Sooner than that interval if one of the following has occurred in your life:
- Significant change in health of you, your spouse or a child.
- Significant change in your net worth such as winning a lotto or inheriting.
- A change in your family structure such as divorce, separation, marriage, living together, or birth of a child.
- Becoming responsible for an elderly relative or parent.
- Any other life event that is significant to you.
- You learn of changes in the law and tax code that may impact you.